Thursday, November 30, 2023
Sunday, November 26, 2023
From the book:
Thursday, November 23, 2023
Wednesday, November 15, 2023
What's so haunted about it, you may ask? Well,
crystals mysteriously appear in rooms overnight; coloured orbs fly
around the interior of certain towers; ghostly faces appear in bathroom
mirrors, and the noise of the clanking of chains being dragged across
bedroom floors can be heard from time to time... what more do you need
to inspire (or terrify!) you, when you're writing a Horror Script?!
Thursday, November 9, 2023
- “It’s almost replacing the spec script, but definitely becoming more sought-after than the spec. To me, the short story has become a real opportunity for writers, novelists, and playwrights, to really make an impact with a different way of showing a story, unlike we’ve seen quite some time,”
- The agent compares the excitement of short stories to the explosion of spec script sales during the 80s and 90s. And it shows no signs of slowing down.
- The key driver of successful short stories “is a matter of finding a story or character we haven’t seen already. It just has to feel unique, special, and different. It has to feel like you’re taking somebody to a place they haven’t seen before,”
Sunday, November 5, 2023
Tuesday, October 31, 2023
Monday, October 30, 2023
Saturday, October 28, 2023
- First of all this: the South Park/Disney logo mash-up. This cracked me up.
- The woke recasting of every single South Park character, with not only the boys recast as empowered women of color, but also Butters' dad, Mr. Garrison, the police chief, and the proprietor of City Wok recast the same as well.
- Cartman not only as a black woman, but also as evil alternate-universe Kathleen Kennedy.
- Grinding Hollywood in general (and Disney in particular) about recasting long-beloved characters as different from the originals, then doubling-down when fans object.
- We also got an appearance from Bob Iger, but only got to see The Boss in a picture. I've heard this may not be the last time South Park takes on Disney, and with Steamboat Willie-era Mickey Mouse going into the public domain in 2024, who knows what Matt and Trey have planned for the House of Mouse in future episodes.
- Look what they've done to our City Wok: