1) Submitted a short story to a crime anthology. It's one I've had kicking around for a while and I'd really like to get it published so I can retire it. It's earned it. Did a rewrite on it before submission, so I feel like it's a lot more polished than when I've submitted it in the past. Way more polished, as in I can't believe I actually sent it out like that! I also just found out that they've extended the deadline to March 15, almost a month later than the original deadline. Trying not to read anything into that, but it also means that it's going to be a while before they notify about acceptance or rejection. I'd really like to get into this one for a number of reasons, which I'll elaborate later when I hear from them, whenever that is.
2) Sent Chick Stuff with Whitney and Alannah to another short script contest. Those girls are really getting around.
Rejections! You want 'em, I got 'em!!!
- The Atlanta Film Fest rejected Chick Stuff ever so politely.
- As did the anthology Best Laid Plans, to which I'd submitted a short story last month called Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas. They received 72 submissions but could only accept 22. I like to think I slotted at #23. I have a very active imagination.
- And neither of the stories I sent to the Writers' Digest Short Short Story last month made the cut.